It’s time for our annual Meatless in March Challenge! Our focus for March 2021 will be eating more whole, delicious plant foods. That means lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, mushrooms, whole-grain foods, seeds, nuts, beans, etc. We will post helpful information and recipe resources all month on our social media channels. Join us March 1-31, 2020.
Do you have to go completely Vegan or completely cut out meat for this challenge? NO! It’s up to you to decide just how meatless you want to be. If you want to eat seafood or have eggs and dairy…that’s your choice to make. We want to encourage everyone to eat more fiber-rich, nutrient-rich plant foods. It’s time to swap out those highly processed, chemical/preservative-rich foods for homecooked plant-based goodness.
How can you join us?
- Commit to going Meatless Every Monday. No flesh foods. No chicken, beef, pork, seafood, etc. We also suggest cutting out dairy to get the biggest impact.
- Tuesday thru Sunday – Eat at least one completely Plant-Based, healthy meal each day – Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner.
- Share photos of your meals and snacks on social media with the challenge hashtag #BWLWMar
- Curious about Vegetarianism or Veganism? Go ALL Out and make all of your meals completely plant-based. Give it a try for one week… or the whole month. The choice is up to you.
- If you only want to go meatless on Mondays, that’s awesome. If you choose to eat one meatless meal per day, that’s great too. All you have to do to join this challenge is commit to eating more plant foods and less processed food.
No signup required. Join our Check-in Daily for Accountability
We will post a Daily Check-in post every evening at 6:30 pm EST on our Facebook page and Instagram account. We want to hear from you during this challenge.
Leave a comment below and let us know why you are joining the challenge.
NOTE: IF you decide to go completely meatless, consider taking a Vitamin B12 supplement. If you are anemic or have iron deficiency issues, you may not want to start by going completely plant-based. One meal a day may be a better way to start your plant-based journey. That being said, there are many iron-rich plant foods.)
Need Recipes?? Scroll down for a collection of free resources to help you get started.
How is going meatless beneficial for weight loss and health?
Plant foods are great for weight loss, especially low-calorie, high fiber foods, like greens, beans, and celery. These foods are full of fiber, nutrients, antioxidants, healthy carbs, and more. Fiber-rich food can be very filling, thus keeping you satisfied for hours. Starches like rice and sweet potatoes are great for weight loss when they aren’t cooked with tons of oil, butter, salt, and sodium. (1 medium sweet potato is just 103 calories) Fruit can be an excellent substitute for candy and cookies.
TIP: On a low carb/Keto plan or worried about sugar intake due to blood sugar issues? You don’t have to go meatless. Join us by eating more low glycemic index fruits, darky leafy greens, and veggies.
Please Note: If you have any food allergies or digestion issues related to plant foods/produce OR any medical issues* that don’t allow you to eat a plant-based diet, this isn’t the challenge for you. For example: If you are on medication that limits your intake of vegetables due to vitamin K or have a digestive disorder, this may not be the challenge for you. If you are a diabetic or have blood pressure issues, discuss the pros and cons of a plant-based diet with your doctor or a nutritionist before trying this challenge. (Medical Disclaimer Below)
What should you eat? Here are some suggestions.
- All fruits. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
- All vegetables and leafy greens, including starches. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned.
- All whole grains – Examples: whole-wheat (unbleached), brown rice, jasmine rice, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, whole grain cereal, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes and popcorn. (Avoid white, refined flour if you can)
- All nuts and seeds – Examples: walnuts, peanuts, almonds, soynuts, pecans, pinenuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- All legumes. That means BEANS of all kinds.
- Quality vegetable oils, like olive, avocado, coconut oil, grapeseed and sesame.
- Beverages: spring water, distilled water, brewed tea, freshly made juice and smoothies that you make yourself, etc. However, you should focus on increasing your water intake if you haven’t been drinking enough. Give your body a rest from the dye, additives, added sugars, and chemicals in many drinks.
- Other plant-based foods/condiments: Seitan, tofu, nut “milks”, tahini, natural/plant-based sweeteners (in moderation), vinegar, seasonings, salt, herbs, and spices.
Avoid or cut back on: Fried foods, food smothered with butter, fast food, high sodium foods, meat (of course), artificial sweeteners, alcohol, and processed/refined sugar. Stay away from Vegetarian and Vegan junk food and highly processed vegetarian food as much as you can. (i.e., If you have a vegan cookie, it’s still a cookie. Just because it’s plant-based doesn’t mean it’s healthy.)
Check out these Black Creators for great plant-based recipes (I will be adding to this list. Leave a comment and let me know your fav.)
Free Meal Plans and Recipes to help you get started:
Guides and article on going vegetarian or vegan
*Medical Disclaimer: If there is any reason why you should not change your diet and how you normally eat due to an ailment, pregnancy, blood sugar issues, chronic illness, allergies or other medical issue, Do Not participate in this challenge. If you have trouble digesting raw or cooked fruits and veggies, this is not the challenge for you. When in doubt, speak with your doctor before joining any weight loss challenge or before starting ANY eating plan/diet.
*This post includes Amazon affiliate links. We may receive compensation if you make a purchase. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on. 🙂
Is there anything else you’d like to say to others who wants to lose weight like you?
Just keep working hard and also the most important thing that made me lose weight is that I also consume this weight loss supplement called Resurge. I think Resurge is definitely the game changer here when it comes to lose weight, trust me you really need this one, just like I did!
If you want to know more about this product, please click here, this will definitely help you too just like it helped me.
Finally this confirmed my thoughts on the Resurge weight loss supplement. Thank you!
I was worry at first time when I use Resurge, the supplement. But now I really excited that I found your story! thank you very much (kiss)
Hi there tiffany, at first I don’t think it will worked (resurge), but my best friend keeps telling me coz she also use it, and Im glad I did..
Hi there… Im glad you did it, keep up the good work
It’s very hard to lose weight, but the supplement is definitely the game changer, by the way Im also consume it too.. thanks! 😉
Nancy Edwards Jenkins
I just wanna say one word… WONDERFUL!!
Natascha Durham Bivens
The are so many fake weight loss supplements which said they have the best result to help to lose weight. But I guess This is the first that worked!
please help me.. I want to lose weight also!